Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Hallo everyone!

The reason I've started this little project is to cast some light of reason into the strange world of Rich Allen Garcia, otherwise known as Shockofgod. I've only recently encountered him, both through his rather odd YouTube videos and the craziness that is his chat room.

I ended up in the chatroom because Conservapedia's resident dribbler, User:Conservative (and yes, I'll be talking about him too) incessantly recommends it as a suitable place for debates about creationism and "evolutionism." Curious, I created an account and dropped in. Well, all I can say is that was an education! Needless to say debate is impossible. Any opinion that disagrees with the almighty Shock is drowned out by the yelps of the pack, the moderators clear the chat whenever it contains inconvenient facts and the audio stream is constantly occupied with droning idiots (yes Neph, I mean you) who simply ignore everything that's said to them. Needless to say, swimming against the flood is highly likely to get you banned without warning.

What I plan to do initially is outline some of the dramatis personae in this odd little world, then maybe go on to some of the issues it raises. I'll probably drop in some general articles on atheism, scepticism and evolution as well. Feel free to join in!

No comments:

Post a Comment